Sunday, April 30, 2006

Arrived, eventually

Well, the best laid plans...

I was supposed to get onto the nonstop from NY to Delhi, but the feeder flight from Burlington was delayed 2.5 hours and it was clear that I was not going to make my connection. So they rebooked me for the next day, but at that point the nonstop was full, and I had to be booked onto a connecting flight with a 4hr layover in NY and a 4h layover in Amsterdam at 7AM (and which got into Delhi several hours later.) So, instead of the 17h trip I planned, I effectively had a 44 hour trip.

Once on the ground, things went smoothly. There were about 300 drivers waiting with name placards outside of baggage claim, but I eventually found mine and got to the hotel around 1:00AM local time. The hotel facilities and the service are very nice.

Traffic here is mind boggling. The roads are a free-for-all with cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians, and cows, often going vastly different speeds and sometimes different directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment