Thursday, June 8, 2006

Summer backyard fun

Check out http://eepybird.com/dcm1.html, for an amazing demonstration of what happens when Mentos and Diet Coke mix, along with an example of what happens when geeks have too much time on their hands.

I tried this in the backyard with the kids the other day, and it works! I found that the "crown" technique, where you punch a ring of holes around the top of the bottle, works particularly well (got a big cheer from the neighbors.) The "coke hose" technique works well too, where you don't bother with the cap and just dump some broken mentos in, but you have to do it quick...

I thought the video spoke for itself, but apparently it didn't, as I got this e-mail from someone who shall remain nameless (but whose initials are WMR) but who should have known better...
You failed to mention that this should only be done outdoors...OOPS! BTW, this really does work! Now, if you excuse me, I have a huge mess to clean up in the kitchen... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment